Tuesday, July 29, 2008

In love with memories










Okay, two things in my life have been true. That is San Francisco sourdough bread (Boudin that is), and real French bread (from France). Having been to France twice as a kid, I know what French bread tastes like. Since this is not France I have until now not been able to taste what I remember as a kid. Mr. Keller has again hit the mark he so often has. tasting the bread at the table opened up a flood gate of memories that I thought I had forgotten.That damn bread was worth going there, then the damn frites, and then steak frites. The frites were so good that I had to have them twice. Bouchon for me is a comfort blanket and I love its warmth.
Thank you Mr. Keller for Bouchon.








People you have to come to the Napa area and eat, eat, and eat... oh yeah, and drink... wine that is.

No comments: