Monday, July 28, 2008

Going to cooking school... What!

As a child I was introduced to food made by my grandmother. She was a wonder of a cook and every creation that she made, was made with love. The food was always hearty, stick to your ribs, fair. As I grew, my mother worked with me to expand my creative side. Together we experimented with everything from exotic marinades to simple spice blends, nothing was out of bounds when cooking at home. I was allowed to shop, prep, and cook anything that came to mind. My mother never attempted to limit my abilities. I have taken this passion of food from my grandmother and mother and am now the one that friends and family refer to as the “foodie”.

I find a great comfort in cooking for friends and family and hope to formalize my training with the Napa Valley Cooking School. I understand that I need to gain better understanding of the culinary field and I have chosen this culinary school for two main reasons. First off, the Napa Valley Cooking School resides in Napa, which is known as the center of culinary world in California. Secondly, I wish to attend the Napa Valley Cooking School to gain valuable experience from some the best teaching Chefs in California.

My goal from graduating from Napa Valley Cooking School is to become a well-versed Chef and work with others in the preparation of food in the restaurant setting. My greater life goal is to write books, articles and essays on culinary arts.
In a way this blog will help me understand and remember where I a have come from. I hope someone looking into cooking will like to read and learn what it is like to become a Chef form a point a view that hits closer to home, then some stuffy nose in the air person.

Thank you.
PaddyPoo

2 comments:

Faye Poo said...

Paddy Poo,

I am excited to read your blog in the future and read about your journey through cooking school. You have an understanding of culinary arts that I never will, and it will be great to see you become well versed in traditional American Cuisine! Good luck and I can not wait to eat, eat, eat!

Anonymous said...

you go patty poo cooking school and then i will never never cook patty is going to be a cheif