Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The eye bone Steak


"Most people would walk right by this place, and that could be a good thing. My girlfriends family grew up in Sacramento, and just had to go to Lil' Joe's on the way back from Tahoe.
When we walked into Lil' Joe's, I have to say I was a little nervous. The place looked right out of the 50's, but with about 20 years of dirt and grim. Making sure to order what everyone else was eating, that way if one of us got sick the rest would as well. As I sat there hearing the old stores of the neighborhood and of Lil' Joe's, more and more people walked in to eat. The thing that made me realize I was not going to die was when I looked around I saw Cops, workmen, school teachers, and cab drivers where all eating at Lil' Joe's.
Steak and eggs at Lil' Joe's is one of those moments that you understand that you can't judge a book by it's cover. If you have the moxie to go into these sort of places you might just find that serving good food to hardworking people is more important then fixing the tiles in the floor or putting up new paint on the walls."

No comments: